Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dating advice for a shy girl? what do guys like?

i'm a 19 yr old girl and i'm having some dating trouble. i'm not unattractive but not many boys ask me out, and the ones who do i don't like. am i too picky? i just don't want to settle for ones i dont like a lot. i am kinda shy and sometimes get nervous around boys i like..any advice? i am also a bit of a tomboy so i think boys that i spend time with start to think of me as just a friend. there was a boy that i liked and i could tell he liked me, but he had a girlfriend in a different state..sometimes i feel really unlucky and like i will never find someone..i'd like advice from girls and boys. what are good ways to flirt? what clothes do boys like? obviously i'm not looking to change who i am-just curious.Dating advice for a shy girl? what do guys like?
I used to be very, very shy. I didn't wear ';revealing'; clothing, and I NEVER talked to boys. One day, I looked in the mirror. I took off my nerdy glasses and put on an outfit that showed off my body. And I realized that I wasn't as ugly as I thought.


You should try that. Put on something that reveals your body. Hey, you could even get naked. And just study yourself. Your face, your arms %26amp; legs, your torso, chest, buttox, everything. And think about how unique you are. You aren't changing yourself, you'r ';discovering'; yourself.


You might also try a bit to change your physical appearance. I, personally, love to change my appearance because it boosts my confidence. I changed by getting contacts, buying make-up (just to enhance myself- a little mineral powder, a little mascara), and cutting my long hair off and dying it red. You don't have to change THAT much, but I think I did- just a little change, even if it's a trim for your hair. Not only will this boost your confidence, but it will make guys notice you.


Good guys (guys who care about your personality, not just your looks) don't like girls who smother their body with baggy clothes, and they don't like girls who show off too much. I find that varying what you wear really catches a guys attention. One day, I'll wear a tank that shows off a little bit of cleavage , and the next, a cool T-shirt. It keeps guys guessing and catches their attention.


Good guys like girls who can be both down to earth and serious %26amp; crazy and funny. Just be yourself around guys. Don't worry so much about what guys think of you. Chances are, if they're judgemental about everything about you, their not worth it. A good guy will like all your silly little quirks.


Just try to be friends with guys, and then take it further from there. Most of all, be honest with them and yourself.


Oh, have you ever seen/read The Secret? I highly recommend you either buy the book and/or the movie. They helped me with developing a lot.


Best of luck!Dating advice for a shy girl? what do guys like?
Close and everything doesn't matter to me personally. I'm very shy myself but once you start talking long enough it wont be as nervous. Just remember to say hi alot and ask him some questions that aren't to freaky.
just be yourself obviously but talk to guys make good eye contact and laugh a lot. thats probably the biggest clue is when girls laugh.
Know what you want attitude


Well rounded in all areas of your life


Ambitious


Happy with yourself.
its not just about clothing shorty its more about the presentation of yourself, you can be a tomboy and still be sexy with it, you just haft to learn how to pimp out your looks, highlight your strong points, turn your flaws into strengths. be confident, find a guy u like and ask him questions, pay attention to the girls he thinks are hot and mold yourself more closer to that idea, but be creative and develop your own personal style with it, make yourself stand out in a crowd, that way guys wont have any other choice but to notice and be drawn to you ok.
Since you are shy, guys that might be interested in you don't even know you like them. I'm sure if you showed some signs of interest, they would reciprocate the interest.





This used to happen to me a lot until a good friend told me I told let guys near me... like I keep them at a distant so they think I don't like them. When in reality I'm just so shy I automatically think they won't be interested.





Open up more, show guys that you can enjoy life, have something to offer. Guys like girls who like them. :)
oh wow you sound like me. lol. i was exactly like that last year, and I got tired of guys I actually liked not asking me out and guys I didnt like asking me out. You're not picky, you just probably open up better to guys you dont like because you dont get nervous around them.


Here's what I did this year that I didnt do last year (and this year I had two bfs...both of which I had HUGE crushes on :D


I started talking to the guy I liked a lot more, and treated him like a really good friend. He eventually started adding little flirty comments in and I just laughed at them. Or just smile at him.


I also started wearing my nicer shirts, instead of t-shirts and jeans I put more time into my clothes and tried to match more. I didn't change... I just wore my clothes that flattered me instead of making me look like I didnt care.


The key thing, though, is to just be more open and talkative to the guy you like. It's a little hard to overcome ur nerves at first, but honestly the guy will probably start to really like you once he sees your personality.


And..the guys who think of u as a friend..if u like one of them..start smiling at him more. Sort of single him out and focus ur attention on him..but not in a creepy way lol :)





good luck!
just be patient. You may have to wait a while longer for the right guy to come along but im sure he will. I didnt meet my first boyfriend until i was 20. before i meet him the guys that asked me out i really wasn't attracted to, and i was really frustrated. Im glad i waited because i meet someone i really liked- and believe me theres lots of single guys your age out there who would love you the way you are, so dont try to change for them just be patient. the right guy will come along soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment